JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Paddle Power is the original river rafting and adventure company operating on the Crocodile River and has been doing so for more than 18 years.
- Our 2hr rafting trip is scheduled at either 9 am or 1pm - seven days a week .
- Please indicate your preferred time slot. In winter we go on the river at 12 when the weather is warmest.
- We start this exciting 5km trip navigating 2 exciting weirs and then there are a series of rapids which vary between class 1 and class 3 and sometimes class 4 after good rains.
- Standard Cost: 2 - 7 people = R390 per person 8 + people = R360 per person
- CHILDREN / TEENS
- We take children from the approximate age of 7. The main criteria is that they are not afraid of water. All children pay standard rates due to the increased risk that comes with taking kids on the water
What to bring / wear when participating in Paddle Power Activities
- Whatever goes on the river will get wet.
- Wear old clothes, shorts, T-Shirts, Costumes, leggings et - not Jeans or other designer wear,
- Closed takkies, strops or river shoes, no socks - they get soggy. Slops float away
- Caps that can fit under helmets - for sun protection and to make the helmets fit better
- We can take a limited number of cell phones for taking pictures which we put into the river guides dry boxes and dry bags.
- You can bring cigarettes, extra water (plastic bottles only) and Go-Pro cameras. If you bring a GoPro please bring the head or chest mounts. We have a couple of helmets that have head mounts but they might not fit your particular GoPro. You can't wear the GoPro on your wrist.
- We provide ice lollies at the half way stop.
- We lock your keys away while you are on your rafting trip.
- Remove jewellery / watches / wallets etc which may get lost on the river and lock them in your car..
- Ensure your glasses are secure.
- Bring a towel and change of clothing and soap / shampoo. We provide a hose to wash off the river mud etc and we have (cold) showers in our ablutions.
Below is some additional information about rafting with Paddle Power.
- You need to be here 30 minutes before the start time.
- We provide life jackets, helmets, ice-lollies and water and transport to the launch site
- We have 2 people per raft
- You are accompanied by highly trained and experienced guides.
- It is not essential that you can swim.
- A 25 metre cliff abseil in the nature reserve where we launch the rafting
- You need to wear closed shoes, a cap and bring sunscreen as it gets very hot
- Long hair needs to be tied back so it doesn't get caught in the abseilinggear.
- We provide safety harnesses and helmets
- Children need to be 12 years or older to abseil
- As a stand alone activity the cost is R330 per person or R310 per person if there are 8+ people in the group.
- You can do it as a combo with the 9am, 2hr rafting trip at R700 per person for both activities if there are less than 8 in the group or at R650 per person for more than 8 people participating in both activities.
- The abseiling is done at around 9.30 during winter, before the river rafting trip.
We have an on site fully licensed restaurant, the River Bar and Restaurant. Please contact us for more information for catering for groups, corporate functions, year end functions and team building.
HOW TO BOOK
Currently you have to email us at email@example.com or send a Whatsapp to 081 236 0868 with the following information:
- Nr of people
You can complete our booking request form online as well.
- We are located at the T-Junction of the R512 (Malibongwe Road coming from Randburg) and the R104 (Pelindaba Road which passes NECSA).
- There is a SASOL garage at the T-Junction and directly opposite the garage is a farm stall.
- To the right of the farm stall is a dirt road with signs for Paddle Power and a huge sign for the Mozambique Beach Pub and Grill.
- Latitude -- S 25.795406 Longitude - E 27.893530
- You can also use Google Maps to search for us, or I can send a location via Whatsapp.
|Back||Back to top|